How does Reliably consume SLIs?
Reliably is not an observability platform. You probably already have one, nevertheless. What we’re good at is consuming data from an existing source and turning it into new information and suggestions.
We currently support automatically discovering and fetching data from the following providers:
- Google Cloud
Read our documentation to learn how you can use the Reliably CLI to discover and fetch data from these sources.
How do SLIs work?
Use the CLI
reliably populate command to tell Reliably to explore your existing infrastructure or monitoring tool
reliably populate datadog --sync
Run the Reliably CLI agent to start generating indicators for the objectives that have been created.
You can view your objectives’ status and consider creating scorecards and alerts based on them.
SLOs and SLIs
While SLIs are the lowest level measure of your system’s behavior, they’re put to best use when compared to a service level objective, which allows you to define a target.
Reliably gathers fetching SLIs and creating SLOs in a single CLI command. And when you’re ready to go further and create your own custom SLOs, you can edit existing ones or define whole new objectives.
We even went one level up by introducing score cards. A simple way to group objectives into an easy-to-monitor measure of a service’s (or several services, or everything you want to group) health.
- How does Reliably access my data? Is there a security risk?
- Reliably has no external access to your infrastructure. The CLI uses your local credentials (from your machine or your CI/CD pipeline) to fetch data. Nothing is sent to us, and no critical information is saved by us, only raw data.
- What are the benefits of sending this data to Reliably?
- You get to combine data from different sources into one single place, in a mostly automated fashion, which allows Reliably to offer you suggestions, alerts, and score cards, based on previously disseminated data.
- Can I get a free trial?
- Yes, sign up for free (no credit card required) and get access to features such as objectives, scorecards, and alerts. You can cancel any time and you won't be charged anything.